It’s time for What’s Working Wednesday, a time when I share what’s helping me live a more intentional and simpler life. These things help me steward my resources well, and help me focus on what’s most important. I hope they encourage and motivate you to do the same.
This month is all about Walmart! Growing in up in Northwest Arkansas, where the home office is located, I’ve always been a happy Walmart shopper. However, I recently discovered a couple of things that have left me a raving fan. They are definitely working for me, and I can’t wait to share them with you!
- Whoa, wait. Walmart? I discovered this Instagram account about a year ago, but never really paid attention to it. A few months ago I found it again, and it unleashed a new love affair with Walmart. Two girls, Amanda and Bethany, scour Walmart to find the cutest things you would never expect them to have. They feature a lot of clothes and accessories, but they also find great home decor and fun new foods. I’ve purchased a few of their finds for the fall season and I LOVE them! I was so surprised to find on trend things that were really a good quality. Whoa, Wait. Walmart? is making it easier for me to be an intentional shopper. You have to check them out!
- Walmart Pickup Grocery The Neighborhood Market near my house just became a Pickup Grocery location, and it is seriously the best. Here’s how it works:
- Follow the link above to find the location nearest you and create an account.
- Put together your order just like normal online shopping.
- Choose a one hour window for pickup and pay for your purchases. (This does require that you plan ahead. They build in several hours to get your order ready.)
- You will receive a phone call when your order is ready. Typically about 10 minutes before the time you selected.
- When you arrive at the store, park in the reserved spaces, and call to let them know you’re there.
- They bring your groceries to you and load them up. You never have to get out of your car!
I really can’t recommend this enough. It saved me so much time, and just made the entire grocery shopping experience simple. In the end, I found that I spent less money on impulse items. When it was time to checkout, and I realized how much I was spending, it was so easy to just remove things from my cart.
If you’re interested, you can use the code REFERRAL for $10 off your first purchase. You even get some free snacks!
I hope these add a little simple and intention to your life. I know they have helped me tremendously! If you use one of these, let me know. I would love to hear what you think!